Who we're for

Serving personnel using laptop at home

If you’re a military veteran, reservist or a serving personnel member of the UK armed forces and about to leave, we can help you access a number of services. 

We're open to anyone who has served in the armed forces community regardless of the length of time served, rank or reason for leaving. 

This includes: 

  • Former members of the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force  

  • Reservists who are not currently mobilised 

  • Those who have served in the Merchant Navy in support of military operations 

  • Those who have served their National Service 

  • Former members of the Territorial Army. 



If you’re an armed forces veteran, you can refer yourself, or ask a family member to refer you to the Op COURAGE service for the South East, if you: 

  • Are a resident in England. 

  • Have served in the UK armed forces for at least one full day. 

  • Are registered, or willing to be registered, with a GP practice in the South East region (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey and Sussex). 

  • Are able to provide your military service number or another form of acceptable proof of eligibility. 


Serving personnel 

If you’re currently serving in the armed forces and looking for support, you must be: 

  • A resident in England 

  • Have an identified mental health condition 

  • Have a discharge date from the Ministry of Defence (MoD) within the next six months. 


It doesn't matter how long ago you left the armed forces. You can contact Op COURAGE even if you left many years ago.