I need urgent help

While we work alongside mainstream mental health services to help veterans who are experiencing a mental health crisis, we are not an emergency mental health service.

You may need urgent help for your mental health if you are struggling to cope and don't feel you can keep yourself safe.

Get NHS support

To speak a professional for urgent health and care advice:

When you speak to the call handler, remember to tell them that you, or the person you are calling about, has served in the UK armed forces so they can give you the right information.

  • Call 999 if your life is in danger
  • Go to A&E in an emergency

Find someone to talk to

If there’s someone you can talk to that you trust – such as a family member, a friend, or a neighbour – ask if you can spend a few moments with them to help you relax.

If you would like to speak to trained volunteer who can listen to you, without giving advice:

  • Call The Samaritans on 116 123 (24 hours)
  • Email The Samaritans at  jo@samaritans.org